Simple, flexible, intelligent file storage built to scale with you.
As organizations adopt cloud services, user expectations rise. Users and IT teams want file services with easy access, always-on availability, and simple, automated scaling of capacity and performance. But satisfying these demands with traditional NAS systems can be a time-consuming and budget-breaking endeavor that leaves users dissatisfied and administrators overworked. Additionally, public cloud file services may not be cost effective or mature enough for enterprise needs.
ReliaCloud® FILES offers a modern, software-defined solution that addresses the traditional NAS challenges by including:
- Software-defined - It's software defined, so no need to invest in an expensive hardware appliance or find data center space with network connections and power.
- Data-driven Intelligence and Analytics – With ReliaCloud EDGE FILES, get deep insights and rich analytics on file data, with visibility into what and how users are accessing files, all via a user-friendly dashboard.
- Resiliency & Self-healing - If a failure occurs, full data redundancy is quickly and automatically restored without administrator involvement. In addition to built-in resiliency, backup and disaster recovery is integrated and automated, which replicates data to a secondary cluster.
- Scalability - Because it is a scale up architecture, as more resources are added, performance scales with it.
- Workload Optimization – Everything hot runs in SSD while auto balancing and tiering cold workloads onto HDD in ReliaCloud FILES, yielding maximum efficiency and resource utilization, making it very cost effective.
- Compression, De-duplication & Erasure Coding – With built-in compression, de-duplication and erasure, data is reduced and optimized, making for a lower footprint and reduced cost.
- Multiple Deployment Options - Options range from small, pay-as-you-go to large, dedicated solutions that come with the added benefit of service provider licensing
By delivering file services from ReliaCloud, we bring a highly available, software-defined, scale-out file storage solution that enables your users to share files across workstations from a centralized and protected location.
Our ReliaCloud FILES offering includes these flexible deployment options:
- ReliaCloud EDGE FILES (In Cluster) - This option leverages any existing ReliaCloud EDGE cluster (min. 3 nodes) and its available storage.
- ReliaCloud EDGE FILES (Dedicated) - This option is purpose built on a dedicated cluster for large scale FILES usage.
- ReliaCloud ELASTIC FILES (Cloud-based) - This FILES option is cloud based in a pay-as-you-go model (per gigabyte/per hour) that starts at a one terabyte minimum.
- ReliaCloud Managed FILES - For customer-owned scenarios, we offer a full suite of managed services for either mixed cluster use (virtualization and files services) or a dedicated cluster.
|ReliaCloud FILES Specifications
- Server Message Block (SMB) – SMBv2 and SMB v3 support
- Network File System (NFS) – NFSv3 and NFSv4 support
- Multiprotocol support
- High availability architecture
- Hot workloads performance class tier
- Space saving features (deduplication*, compression*, EC-X*)
- Data at rest encryption
- Scale-up and scale out performance optimization
- RF2 – two copies of data locally within cluster
- Additional protection from scheduled snapshots
- + [Add on] snapshot replication to geographically diverse ReliaCloud Site with recoverability
- + [Add on] ReliaCloud Backup for additional data protection options
- Integration with directory services
- Self-service file restoration**
- Native integration with ReliaCloud backup
- Customizable snapshot schedule and retention
- OneNeck Managed Service
- 100% Service Level for availability
*Note: deduplication and compression and EC-X features aren’t always recommended depending upon the workload type and file type. EC-X requires four (4) nodes.
** SMB only, requires snapshots.