No Security Updates
Without security updates you may fail to comply with standards and regulations that can seriously hamper your ability to:
- Protect against hackers, malware with root access to machines, man in the middle scenarios, and government subpoenas
- Securely purge for customer data, leaving it vulnerable to access by outside parties
At the end of support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2, your system may cease to be compliant with regulatory standards, such as:
- PCI-DSS for credit card transactions
- HIPAA for medical patient privacy
- GLBA for financial institutions
- GDPR for companies who do business in the EU
Staying put will cost more in the end. Maintenance costs for aging hardware will also increase, and customers will face added costs for intrusion detection systems, more advanced firewalls, network segmentation, and other security measures—all simply to isolate Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 servers.
Prepare For the Future Today
Don't let the end of support for Windows Server and SQL Server 2008 sneak up on you—the impacts to security and costs are too important. Avoid business disruptions and use this as an opportunity to adopt the most current security and innovation technologies.
OneNeck help you prepare for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 End of Support and take advantage of your current Microsoft investments and skills by running your workloads in Microsoft Azure. Contact us today.