So, what did they learn in this study?
- GDPR is relevant for nearly all companies worldwide, and a majority say they are ready for most/all of the requirements.
- Sales delays due to customer data privacy concerns continues to be an issue. More companies are experiencing these delays, while the length of delay has shortened since last year.
- Privacy investments are now yielding business benefits GDPR-ready companies have shorter sales delays, fewer data breaches, and when breaches occur, they cause less damage and cost less overall.
- Nearly all companies are reporting auxiliary benefits from privacy investments beyond compliance. This includes agility and innovation, competitive advantages, and operational efficiency
- Key Takeaway - Data Privacy contributes to Business Benefits including data security. Organizations should work to maximize these benefits in considering their privacy investments.
Interested in reading the full report? Download it today.