The use of collaboration technology is more than just a trend—it’s a necessity. Don’t let outdated technology hold you back. According to Cisco, there are 6 steps organizations can take to ensure you are addressing today’s needs and preparing for tomorrow. Here’s how.
- Assess your current UC environment-Audit your existing unified communications (UC) network, and prepare a “needs analysis” as a comparison between where you are today and where you need to go.
- Choose the right vendor- Plan for the future. While today’s communication needs are important, it’s smart to consider future needs as well.
- Solid technology- Look for a solution provider with a strong track record.
- Innovation- Avoid vendors with stagnating technology. A technology partner who continues to innovate will be more invested in the future.
- Solution breadth- Who offers the broadest, most comprehensive solution?
- Interoperability- A flexible platform that can integrate with other applications and services is important.
- Deployment options- Pure, hardware-based solutions are a thing of the past—look for deployment model flexibility.
- Prepare your internal proposal- Develop a solution plan, migration plan and outline your budget needs.
- Gain internal support- Inclusion drives advocacy. Regroup with your LoB leaders to validate goals.
- Evaluate current performance benchmarks.
- Determine realistic goals for outcomes such as improved productivity and cost savings.
- Plan to measure against those goals at regular intervals during migration—and after.
- Measure and validate results- Gather metrics and continue to work with your LoB contacts to track efficiencies against predeployment.
Partner with OneNeck for Smarter UC
When you increase collaboration, you improve productivity and employee engagement. And OneNeck is here to help.
We are ready to come in and start the collaboration journey from where you are—it’s not a rip-and-replace strategy—allowing you to build a solution to meet your specific collaboration needs today and in the future as your organization grows and collaboration priorities evolve.
OneNeck has multiple options to enable and support your organization’s collaboration needs. Contact us today to learn more.