The term artificial intelligence was coined in 1956, but has increased in popularity due to increased data volumes, advanced algorithms, and improvements in computing power and storage. And now, with the proliferation of data, AI is making its way even deeper into the workplace.
The arrival of AI in the workplace is exciting. It gives companies the opportunity to work better and smarter, as well as to improve the customer experience. It offers the possibility of doing more meaningful and creative work and freeing the workforce from the mundane and routine tasks – the “busy work.”
There are several key benefits AI can bring to an organization. In a recent Cisco eBook, Transforming Businesses with Artificial Intelligence, it outlines these key benefits:
- Make the Infrastructure Intelligent: By utilizing AI to analyze the data in an organization and look for patterns, you can start identifying customer needs, uncover trends and innovate faster. With AI’s assistance, we can analyze and respond in real time in ways we never could before.
- Improve Security Posture: With security so top of mind in every organization, it’s keeping a lot of IT professionals up at night. It’s a moving target that’s constantly changing, and with so many endpoints and threats growing in complexity, it only makes sense to incorporate AI into security strategies. By automating complex processes for detecting and defending against attacks, the chance for success grows exponentially.
- Improve Customer Experience: In an always-on world, today’s customers demand an always-on experience with digital services that quickly meet their needs. With the advent of chatbots and more accurate voice systems, businesses can now deliver a more personalized and responsive experience.
- Transform Processes and Business Models: With AI comes more accuracy in machine vision applications, as well as increased effectiveness in predictive maintenance for equipment, allowing for preemptive actions that prevent costly breakdowns.
- Empower Talent Hiring and Retention: Not only can AI help HR in the finding and hiring the right talent, it can also help improve the employee experience with more customized engagement and timely delivery of information.
As the new era of intelligence takes shape all around us, the possibilities are endless for organizations to apply AI and take their business processes to the next level. Learn more by downloading this informative eBook: Transforming Businesses with Artificial Intelligence.